How to choose a circular saw: professional tips
Category : tips
First of all, It's necessary to Ascertain which circular saw is Appropriate for a particular job, as by the design of this tool there are:
- Stationary - actually a machine, which is a saw mounted on a frame. Requires free space from the workshop, and at times a separate room. Designed such a circular saw for permanent processing of lumber, and in large volumes.
- Table - the prior version in mini, installed on a separate workbench or desk, is also employed for sawing a large volume of wood, as an example, during the construction of the tub.
- Manual - a portable application, intended for processing workpieces in distinct planes. This is the most typical sort of round saw, however the least powerful of this described. When working, it needs periodic break, and is used for sawing small amounts of material.
Hand-held instrument is more versatile than stationary variants. It costs considerably more economical, but under certain conditions can cope with the exact tasks, even with less efficacy. When picking it, you ought to be guided by the standards below.
According to the type of energy source, circular electrical saws are divided into 2 classes:
- Networked - they work out of a national electric network of 220 V. If we talk about professional machines, they need a line of 380 V. The disadvantage of this connection option - the necessity to have an energy grid in the area of work, in addition to a hassle of operation due to the cable.
- Cordless - work in standalone mode, even require the presence of a socket, but to control the battery, therefore their radius of performance is not restricted by anything. Based on battery capacity, they could work on a single charge not over 50 minutes.
The second option is reasonable to purchase only if for some reason it is not possible to utilize the mains found. Form of work
Standard circular saws are designed for sawing wooden workpieces at different angles, but there are also special versions of the tool:
Submersible saws come in stationary and handheld versions. Their difference is in the fact that the saw blade at the initial place is over the workpiece, able to seep to its centre. This enables you to start cutting off not with the edge of the substance, cut holes.
Metal circular saws are strong models that are equipped with more durable or abrasive discs. Capable of cutting sheet steel, plumbing, profiles. Some of them manage wood both well.
The width of the disc directly is based on the power of this saw's electrical engine. The more powerful the tool, the larger the disc it is able to rotate, the more stable the rotation frequency of the latter, the longer the length of constant operation, the less probable the wedge. Additionally, strong generators allow you to process heavier material, but in addition they are thicker. Therefore, by way of example, models at 2 kW generally weigh 7 kg, while 1.2 kW - about moyakovka.ru 4 kg.
According to the energy gears can be broken as follows:
- Up to 0.8 kW - low-powered tool for working with small workpieces.
- 0,8-1,2 kilowatt - the tool of typical power, is able to cope with many household jobs.
- Over 1,2 kilowatt - gears for professional usage.
The larger the width of the disk, the more powerful the electric motor must function, the thicker the workpieces the saw may use. Seating diameter is another parameter that decides whether a specific disc will match the chosen saw. The most usual standards below are 20 and 30 mm.
At greater rates, less torque is necessary for sawing, which means dense material is easier to deal with. Keep in mind that with higher RPM the temperature of the substance at the place of contact with the saw raises, the exact same plastic or laminate requires less RPM. Ideally, it is better to select a saw with flexible speed.